Tattoos are now an integral part of pop culture. It has now been a fashion statement. Famous artists like Chester Bennington have also been a source of motivation to many people for body art. Other personalities like David Beckham have also been a popular source of motivation and upliftment of the tattoo culture.
Tattoos can be done on various parts of the body. Be it on your hand or your shoulder, on your back, or even on your foot. Body art has been such a dynamic art that it has the ability to pave its way anyhow. Hence you can choose which part of the body you want to do your tattoo on. However, today in this article, we will speak about all about foot tattoos.
Foot tattoos are comparatively new when it comes to body art. Generally, people like to go for arm tattoos or back tattoos; however, foot tattoos are recently being introduced to this section, and there are pros as well as cons to it. However, because of a few apparent reasons, tattoo artists generally tend not to go for foot tattoos, and they can be categorized as follows:
- Pain – Foot tattoos can be more painful than tattoos in other places of the body. They can be dangerous, and only a very experienced artist will be able to keep up the standards.
- Ink Migration – This foot tattoo has high probability than any other place. Ink migration means blurring of the design over the course of time. Hence, if that is the case, you have to reinking after a gradual amount of time.
- Healing – You cannot wear your footwear once you have gone for a foot tattoo till the thing is not healed correctly. If you want to wear your shoes, then you have to make sure that you wear something that does not touch the area where you have done your tattoo. This may also result in the fact that you need to stop wearing your shoes and wear only slippers for a long time till the area is healed and the tattoo is beautifully set.
- Infection – There is a greater chance of getting infected since your feet come in direct contact with the ground and all the dust easily, then there is a chance that you may get infected. However, take tetanus and all other medications that are required so that the area heals faster.
- Close To Bone – If you observe, there are more bones in your leg that can cause a real problem. While designing the instrument may get into your bone and can pose serious threats. That will be very dangerous, and hence experienced artists are very much in demand if you are going for a foot tattoo.
Aside from all these adverse facts, there are several pros to this foot tattoo. Let’s look into those for a bit.
- Designs – Some of the unique designs come with that foot tattoos. Several minimal and descriptive arts are prevalent when we speak of foot tattoos and all generations like them.
- Ink – As the ink fades quickly, that gives a very beautiful texture to the art. This is one of the reasons why many people prefer foot tattoos. Youngsters prefer these foot tattoos mostly.
- Hiding – In offices and several other places, there are strict rules regarding body art and tattoos. Some of the government places do not allow these at all. In officer-level services, it is strictly prohibited; hence you can permanently hide your tattoo inside your boots if you have one—this is a sly trick to get away with your wish as well as with your job.
These are a few of the advantages that you can have if you go for a foot tattoo.
We all are aware of the fact that body tattoo maintenance is a very tough part. It may pain sometimes, and sometimes it may take months to heal. Hence, it is advisable to take proper and easy foot tattoo care tips and follow them accordingly. Here are some of the bare minimum things that you can do when aftercare is concerned.
- Healing is a significant part of this system, and hence you should wear flip-flops most of the time when the healing process is in progress.
- You can take Betadine or any other medicine that you know of that can help heal the area faster and can make the pain lesser in a very short span.
- Keep the tattoo exposed to the air.
- Try and avoid water as much as possible. Ensure that the area is not in direct contact with the water while the healing process is on. Also, avoid swimming for a few days.
- Avoid rubbing that area. If required, you can rub your hands around that area or closet that area but never in the place of that tattoo.
- Do not walk. Also, please note that it will be very difficult to walk once you get the tattoo done. Hence you have to be patient with it for a few days.
These are all the tattoo aftercare tips that you need. Also, make sure that you are in good hands and that your artist is experienced, which will help ensure confidence.
In conclusion, you can go for tattoos on any part of your body. However, you have to be aware that there will be a lot of pain for a few days, and after that, the pain will fade away slowly. You can be fine very soon when it comes to foot tattoos with the proper foot tattoo aftercare. Hence you can find an experienced artist and ask him for advice. Other than that, please choose any of the designs that you want and ask your tattoo artist to go for them. Stay careful but do not be scared. Ease your body, and you will eventually see that you have got wonders done on your body.