Are you a fan of henna tattoos? If yes, you have come to the right place. We are talking about the delicate designs made with henna paste. Everybody loves getting tattoos but not all can opt for permanent ink tattoos. For those, henna tattoos come to the rescue.
Henna paste is made from the leaves of a shrub Lawsonia inermis commonly called henna tree.
Those leaves are grounded to make powder and hence, it is ready to be applied to your skin which leaves a stain for 2-3 weeks. However, you can easily remove henna tattoos in a limited time. When it becomes a nightmare to get rid of them as your skin is left with a faded blob. No worries, we have got you covered. Let’s check out some quick ways of answering how to remove henna from the skin!
Exfoliating Body Scrubs
The best thing about henna is that it only dyes the upper layer of the skin. This means it doesn’t penetrate deep into the skin. Body scrubs are easily available at shops which can be used to remove the stain easily. Follow the following steps to remove henna tattoos faster with body scrub:
- Take warm water in a bowl.
- Soak the stained part for 3-4 mins in water.
- Apply scrub and gently massage that part of your body.
- Use a loofah to remove remains of dead cells.
Micellar water is used to cleanse your skin removing makeup, oils, and other pigments. Due to its particular cleaning properties, you can use it to remove henna tattoos too!
All you need is a cotton pad that is easily available at drugstores. Dip it in micellar water and apply a henna tattoo stain. Repeat this many times and gently rub over the stained area. This way the stain will disappear.
Olive Oil and Salt
Olive oil and salt are a perfect combination to wipe out henna tattoo stains from your body. For that, you need one cup of virgin olive oil and 3-4 tablespoons of crystallized salt.
- Apply oil mixture on your henna tattoo with the help of a cotton pad.
- Let your skin absorb a good amount of oil first.
- Now, it’s time to rub salt over the stained area softly.
- After this practice, remove the mixture with a wet cloth. This way, henna tattoo stains will fade quickly!
Baking soda and lemon juice
Lemon juice is known as a mythical skin-lightening agent. However, due to its acidic nature, it’s always recommended to use in diluted form and to begin with a skin patch test.
We will suggest you try baking soda and lemon juice once for removing henna tattoo stains by below-listed steps:
- Take half cup of warm water
- Add one tablespoon of baking soda to it.
- Lastly, add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
Apply it and let it rest for some time. Please avoid using this technique if you have sensitive skin.
Did you know toothpaste can be used to clean stains from other surfaces too? How about removing henna stains with white toothpaste? Let’s try!
- Apply a generous amount of toothpaste on henna tattooed skin. Let it dry for a few mins.
- After that, you need an old toothbrush to scrub the dried toothpaste softly.
- Wash away the stained skin and see how effective this remedy is!
Coconut Oil and Sugar
Essential oils are great for everyday use. They have no side effects. For removing henna tattoo stains, you can use melted coconut oil and sugar in their raw crystallized form. This acts as a great exfoliation remedy.
- To begin this, make sure the body part having henna tattoo stains is clean from dirt.
- Apply melted coconut oil on the stained part. Let it soak oil for some time.
- Apply a layer of sugar crystals on your skin after then. Now rub politely with a loofah and repeat this action.
- Use a wet cloth to remove sugar and oil from the henna tattoo-stained skin. You will be surprised to see the results, how smooth your skin has become after just one application.
Our next tip might amaze you but it works. Shaving is part of our daily routine. The best thing about it is that it not only removes hair but also cleanses the skin i.e. the dead cells are also shaved.
For removing henna tattoos you only need shaving cream, apply it and then shave that area. The top layer of the skin containing henna pigmentation will be removed as a result of the exfoliation. Now, apply a moisturizer or a soothing cream to your skin to avoid itching.
Hydrogen peroxide has been used for ages for the lightening of hair and teeth whitening. It’s always advisable to dilute Hydrogen peroxide first before using it on the skin.
- Simply, apply it on the tattoo spot and repeat this practise until it becomes invisible.
As baby oil removes dirt from the skin. Hence it can be used to fade henna pigments.
- Apply baby oil to your henna-stained area and massage for 5-7 mins.
- Remove it after 15 mins with the help of a wet cloth or wash away with warm water.
Soap and Warm Water
Soap is also a wonderful way to remove stains of dirt, oil and other pigments from your body. However, it takes patience to completely get rid of henna tattoo stains from your skin.
If your hands are still showing blobs of henna tattoo and you are searching for how to remove henna from your hands, this method is definitely for you!
- Fill your bathtub with warm water.
- Add a little quantity of bath soap.
- Dip your hands in soapy water.
- Take them out after some time and scrub softly.
- Repeat this twice and continue this practice for a few days.
Henna tattoos are not easy to remove in one go. However, with our tips. You can remove them quickly. Try the above-mentioned 10 ways to remove henna stains and you will be surprised to see results. These methods speed up the fading process of henna pigmentation without damaging your sensitive skin.
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on your favorite social media sites.